Phone: (805) 484-2454, FAX: (805) 383-5909
1. No. 2 Phillips screwdriver
2. Tie wrap tool is recommended.
3. Wire cutter, angle tipped is recommended.
1. Remove the monitor from the stand: There are four Philip round-head metric screws holding the stand. Remove the screws with No. 2 Phillips screwdriver and store them with the stand in the monitor box. In case of warranty service, you will have to reassemble the stand back on the monitor.
2. Spread the ¼” thick packing foam that came in the package over a cleared surface or table. Then lay the monitor over the packing foam.
3. Mount the pre-assembled Q-1780-RK rackmount kit onto the monitor. Note: The depth has been pre-adjusted for the monitor to protrude the front panel by about 3/8”.
4. Insert a No. 8 flat washer, a No. 8 spring lock washer, and a 4 mm X 12 mm metric screw into each of the four VESA mounting holes on the monitor, then tighten the metric screws with a No. 2 Phillips screw driver.
Q-1780-RK mounted onto the Viewsonic VA712b
5. Put on two weather-strip rubber foam pads on the bottom side of the power adapter, as shown below:
6. Secure the external power adapter with two 14” tie wraps, and connect the power adapter, VGA and audio cables to the monitor. Then secure them with 5” tie wraps onto holes in Omega bracket. Use wire cutter to cut off the excess ends of tie wraps, as shown below:
7. The assembly is now ready to be mounted onto a 19" rack. Use the 10-32 X 3/4-inch black screws provided.
Front view of the assembled rackmount monitor
8. If you have any questions or comments, please call Harry Lee at 805-484-2454 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.